Tuesday 21 May 2013

Experiments With My Photography: 'I'm Late'

FIRST Experiements with the theme: Alice in Wonderland

This is a photograph from my first attempt at this particular set. The theme is Alice in Wonderland, but the concept focuses on the Rabbit, who captures Alice's attention.

The stop watch represents the stopwatch the Rabbit carries in the movie.
The background represents the fur of the Rabbit.
The Quote is said by the Rabbit (several times) in the movie.

 
Open file in Photoshop:
 
Duplicate Layer:

Crop View:
 
Create Adjustment Layer Levels:

Select all except scrabble tiles:

Create Adjustment Layer Hue and Saturation:

 
Select stop watch face:
 
Create Adjustment Layer Hue and Saturation:



Select scrabble tiles:
 
Create Adjustment Layer Vibrance:
 
Modify Adjustment Layer Hue and Saturation:
 
Modify Adjustment Layer Hue and Saturation:


I love the focus on the stop watch and the scrabble tiles! The image is so crisp and detailed, which is exactly what I wanted! I thought the green and purple were a good contrast, and wacky colours which suit the theme! I played around with the Hue and Saturation layers for a while and decided these colours fit into and work with the other colours I have considered/chosen for my other concept images. I can't stop looking at how clear the stop watch is, I like how the reflection sits perfectly on the edge of the stopwatch! I'm not sure if the dishcloth is the best representation for the rabbits fur!

No comments:

Post a Comment