Saturday 18 May 2013

Alice in Wonderland Chosen Quotes

'What is the use of a book,' thought Alice, 'Without pictures or conversations' - Alice
 
This quote is one of the only quotes Alice says before she falls down the rabbit hole. I think it is a significant quote because it not only relates to the story but it also relates to the novel itself, having been made into a picture book, movie, video game and mini-series. The relevance to Wonderland itself is an important aspect of this quote, because it emphasises the talking cat and talking rabbit etc.
 
'Curiouser and Curiouser' - Alice
 
This quote really summarises the entire movie, because Alice is curious and has a creative imagination. If she wasn't curious she wouldn't have followed the White Rabbit and fallen down the rabbit hole or done anything she did in Wonderland to be honest. This quote is a transition between real life and Wonderland.
'I'm Late, I'm Late' - White Rabbit
 
This quote is said various times by the Rabbit throughout the movie. He spends the movie running around, rushing to get to the castle to announce "her majesty The Queen Of Hearts"..... oh and the King.

 
'Why Is A Raven Like A Writing Desk?' - The Mad Hatter
 
I don't get it. And that's why I love this quote. This quote leaves you hanging like the entire movie does, none of it makes sense and that's what I find so fascination about it. I think this quote is quirky enough itself! Anyone know the answer?
 
'We're All Mad Here' - Cheshire Cat
 
This quote perfectly describes the characters, and I wouldn't have said it better myself. After researching quotes from the novels/movies/books I think this one from the Cheshire Cat perfectly describes Wonderland!
'Off With Their Heads' - The Queen of Hearts 
 
This quote is such a predominate quote in the novels and movies. The song by the servent cards "we're painting the roses red,... if not we'll lose our heads" always gets stuck in my head for days. The quote emphasise how angry the Queen of Hearts is. I actually think she is bipolar, one minute she's nice as pie, the next she's "OFF WITH THEIR HEADS".

No comments:

Post a Comment